Here's this year's Prom Dress. There were many extra African American Quiz Bowl t-shirts this year, so I was able to get 3.
This was created by measuring for the bodice. It's a really simple shell with bust darts. The skirt is made with 2 shirt bodies with plenty of pleats for fullness. The skirt also has a kangaroo pocket concealed within the pleats. I created the waist panel with a doubled t-shirt hemline.
I dyed the finished piece with a procion dye. This should have produced a completely matched piece, but apparently the thread in the shirts and the thread I was using both contained too much polyester. They remained white. The flowers were sewn on afterward by hand. They each have a vintage shank button as the center.
It's totally customizable. I will definitely be making more of these.
These are my three favorite pieces I made at the Etsy Pittsburgh team glass fusing workshop. They declared my fish tank the "winner", despite the fact it wasn't a contest. I also like it very much. I would make more of them. I also learned that if you layer the glass, it can be called tacking. Fusing seems like a more logical term. We should be doing this again soon. I also found a studio really close to my house where I can also do this, among other things.