30.9.07

Giotto top finished

I have been slowly and indecisively working on this top made of Giotto for about 2 years. I didn't have a pattern, a plan, or a goal. My only real stipulation was that it could only take 1 hank, because that was all I bought. I knew I wanted to make it like a tank top. I really had no idea about the back, and I made it twice.

This is the final product. I split the front and made straps. The back has a single center strap and the three are grafted together. The side seams are sewn together with the tails from the cast on.

I have had this yarn long enough that I don't know what the color was called. I tried to locate it on the website, but I can't identify it. I don't know where the tag went, but I'd like to know what colorway this was. I remember I picked it out because it reminded me of apool of ink, with all the light reflecting off in different colors.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

pretty!!!

Jenna said...

what does the back look like?

hairycarrot. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr