7.7.08

scrap crochet bedspread


scrap crochet bedspread, originally uploaded by hairycarrot.

Being impatient and experimental made me create this blanket. Most people I knew at the time, if presented with a box of scraps, ball ends, and single skeins would have thought, "gee, a box of junk." I saw my mom's stash of random and said, "Perfect. I'll make a blanket."

I went through the Columbia Minerva Crochet stitch dictionary and tried out any pattern with a base height of one. It's worked in 2 long panels from three people's somewhat dated leftovers. The edging is a combination of three patterns, modified to fit together.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

That is fabulous! I have a ton of started projects that I plan to sew together to make a blanket... you have inspired me.

hairycarrot. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr