24.2.08

How to crochet


How to crochet
Originally uploaded by hairycarrot
I was asked to demo crochet at I Made It Fashionable, a local roving artists' market. This installment was held at the brewhouse, and focused on fashion. There was a fashion show in the theatre, tables in the front gallery, and we had 4 demos in the side room.
I shared a table with Sara, between us covering knitting and crochet. EJ set up the popular shrinky dinks recycling station, and there was a lampworker making beads.
The event was, as always, incredible. The turnout was great, the venue was great, and people had a great time. Plus, someone had a tiny dog.

I brought finger puppets and skirts, and demoed crochet in a circle, since that is the basic concept for finger puppets. I made hats, using larger yarn and hooks. I got to teach one person crochet. People tend to look at it as "too difficult" but I'm also not the most outgoing person in the world. I could probably harrass more people into trying it, but I would feel mean. It's really not hard. I swear.

No comments:

hairycarrot. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr