18.5.08

left sock


left sock, originally uploaded by hairycarrot.

I'm starting the left sock in my toe-up socks. The right sock finished up nicely with a substantial cuff. Just by trying it on, I'm wondering how people like making their own socks. This is fairly thin yarn, knit on size 1 needles. It's still pretty thick on my foot. The tedium required to get socks as thin as those in stores would just be so much more trouble than it is worth. That was one of the benefits of the industrial revolution - we got to make much thinner knitwear.
I'm not even bothered by knitting the left sock now that the right one is finished. I just think my feet will look big.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

is there a pic of the entire sock somewhere?

Jenna said...

never mind, I am apparently blind!

hairycarrot. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr